Highlights of the 2022 Annual Meeting include:
- Presidential Keynote – Travis Tygart from USADA will present “National and International Perspectives on Doping in Sport” followed by a special session on doping that includes a talk from the athlete’s perspective presented by former USA Olympic athlete and Keynote Speaker, Kara Goucher.
- Keynote Speaker – Kara Goucher will discuss the experiences of being a mother and an athlete during the Female Athlete session.
- Keynote Speaker – Sam Acho, a former NFL linebacker and Vice President of the NFL Players Association, as well as Current ESPN Analyst, will be speaking in two sessions on race and mental health.
- Hough Memorial Lecture – Jonathan Drezner, MD, FAMSSM will be giving this presentation on “Shared Decision Making In High Risk Cardiac Athletes”.
- MSK topics will include a session on peripheral nerve and muscle pain and interventions, the forearm, hand and wrist, thigh and leg, foot and ankle, as well as a session about the overhead athlete outside of your typical throwing sports.
- Non-MSK topics include sessions on the female athlete, mental health, race in sport, trans athletes, concussion, cardiology, pharmacology, youth sports, wilderness medicine, technology use in sports, and infectious disease.
- We are bringing the boot camp, faculty development and WILL to the main stage, and we round out the meeting with a session highlighting the top 10 articles in sports medicine from the last year and two of our new AMSSM policy statements.
- Gathering with colleagues in AMSSM interest groups: Diversity, Emergency Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation; and in team physician groups including high school, collegiate/NCAA, Olympic/Paralympic, professional.