NEW FOR 2020
The 2020 program is dedicating Sunday, April 26, 2020 as an education and research day. All sessions have a focus of improving clinical education, providing updates in the Collaborative Research Network as well as all case and research podium presentations will be on this day to ease the travel schedule for all medical students, residents and fellows.
Additional highlights of the 2020 meeting include:
- Our Presidential Keynote, Margo Mountjoy, MD, PhD, CCFP(SEM), FCFP, Dip Sport Med, will present on “International Sports Medicine - Societal, Medical and Sport Cultural Challenges.
- Cindy J. Chang, MD, FAMSSM will give our Hough Memorial Lecture on “What it Really Takes to be a Team Physician” during a special leadership session led by Francis G. O’Connor, MD, MPH, FAMSSM
- Hot topic sessions on Workload and Performance, Global Perspectives on Exercise, Athletic Medicine and collaborative efforts to improve the care of the female athlete from national and international experts in multiple disciplines will be presented.
- An update from the AMSSM Presidential Task Force on Prevention and Treatment of Sexual Violence in Sport.
- International research abstracts designed to provide AMSSM members and international members exposure to research from around the world!
- A team physician round robin session focused on pearls for being a team physician in 24 specific sports
- The 2nd Annual Regenerative Medicine Pre-Conference Symposium with national and international thought-leaders in regenerative medicine
- A Practice and Policy session that will include presentations on Billing for Telemedicine and Fraud and Abuse Concerns in Financial Relationships in Sports Medicine